100 health tips: 1/10
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps your body restart and replenisches your energy supply after having been at rest while you were asleep. The ideal breakfast contains fats, carbohydrates and protein, such as a combination of fruit, bread, fibers and milk.
2. It is important to have a balanced diet if you want to live a healthy life. This means you will have to make sure you get all essential nutrients in the right amounts. It will boost your energy and you will feel better. Be careful with vitamins and minerals; too much or too little of a vitamin or mineral ,may cause undesirable side effects!
3. Be aware of the amount of salt you take in with your snacks and meals. Table salt (or sodium chloride) is used worldwide as flavor enhancer. But too much salt can be a risk factor for diseases as high blood pressure, heartburn, osteoporosis and other cardiovascular diseases. The simplest way to avoid getting these diseases is decreasing your salty product consumption and using salt as flavor enhancer as little as possible. Try using herbs instead.
4. Stay away from buffets and other all-you-can-eat meals. These will stimulate you to eat more than necessary, because you don’t want to waste money. If you do get tempted, it would be wise to pick food that is full of nutrients, like fresh fruit, vegetable salads and low-fat food. Try not to get a second serving.
5. Limit your consumption of processed food, such as canned, frozen and dried products. These processes change the natural components of the food, which makes it less useful to our body. Especially the usage of chemicals to prolong the shelf life of products or as flavor enhancer can be harmful to many of our bodily functions.
6. Focus on eating wholesome food. This means eating unprocessed, natural and fresh foods. These foods contain components in their purest form and because they don’t have any chemicals to make them more appetizing, have the best effect on our body. Adding fresh fruits and vegetables will make wholesome food more appetizing.
7. Removing all visible skin and fat from poultry and other birds before cooking or baking them is the best and healthiest way to prepare them. Grill or cook poultry, instead of frying it up, where it will absorb grease or oil. A chicken’s breast is the best part of a chicken, because it contains a lot of protein and relatively little fat.
8. Water is essential if you want to live a healthy life. It is advised to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, which comes down to about 1,5 to 2 liters. It enables cells, tissue and organs to do their work. A deficit of bodily fluids or dehydration can be bad for your kidneys and other organs and can lead to mental confusion, a coma or even death if it isn’t taken care of right away.
9. Try to limit the amount of fats in your diet. Foods that have a naturally low percentage of fats are fruit, vegetables, beans and grains. The packing shows the amount of fats a product contains. Products with more than 2 or 3 grams of fat per 100 calories are best left on the shelves. Try to select products with no more than 1 gram of fat per 100 calories.
10.Iron is an important nutrient to our body and can be found in red meat, fish, chicken, fibers, leafy vegetables and raisins. It serves as fuel for your body by helping to produce red blood cells. Iron will be best absorbed by your body if it is combined with vitamin C.
This entry was posted in Extra
. Bookmark the permalink